2 / 22
Temple Bus Center
It is mid-day and the sun is beating down in Temple. This bus station with its typical sign and washed out colors in the middle of the day is our childhood image of road trips, and closely connected to waiting….
Temple was originally founded in 1881 as a railroad town. In 1880 Jonathan E. Moore sold 187 acres of his land to the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway to use for a construction camp. The site was called Temple Junction by the railroad company, in honor of one of the engineers, Bernard Moore Temple,while local residents called the community Mud Town or Tanglefoot. When a post office was established there in January 1881, the official name became Temple
From Texas Road Trip